Monday, May 26, 2014,
- Location: Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center • 2700 Childrens Way • Nashville, TN 37212
- Phone: 615-343-6073
- Website: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/recreationandwellnesscenter/wellness/biggest-winner/
This fun program is designed to help you build the skills necessary to reach your personal health and fitness goals. The program consists of weekly group fitness sessions and nutrition workshops with Certified Personal Trainer Stephanie Kemp and Registered Dietitian Marilyn Holmes.
Participants must complete a fitness assessment at the beginning and end of the program, set goals with the personal trainer, and meet those goals to receive the prize of $100.DATES: June 2nd – June 27th - Tuesdays, 5:30 – 6:30 pm
Taught by Stephanie Kemp, Certified Personal Trainer & Marilyn Holmes, R.D.What you get
- A weekly workout to follow designed by a certified Personal Trainer, Stephanie Kemp
- Weekly Healthy Eating Workshop designed by Marilyn Holmes, R.D.
- Optional one-on-one Nutrition Sessions with Marilyn Holmes, R.D. (2 per participant)
- A group setting to help motivate you!
- $100 if you meet your goal! Your original participation fee will be returned to you if you meet your goal, with an additional $50 just for you!
Have questions or want to know more? Fill out this short Interest Form and email to Jennifer Ray, email@example.comRequirements: You do not have to be a member of the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center to participate!
1. You must have a BMI (Body Mass Index) of at least 24 or up.
GO to: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ OR see the chart below to calculate your BMI. A fitness assessment will also be completed as part of this requirement.
2. You must be willing to meet once per week as a group. Tuesdays, 5:30 – 6:30 pm at the VRWC.
3. Set weekly goals:
Your goal will be to lose a percentage of body fat at a healthy rate over a four week period. You are being asked to lose what roughly correlates to 1.5 pounds to no more than 5 pounds per week. Your goal will be calculated by a Personal Trainer in the first week. We will calculate a target body weight for you to obtain, based on your fat mass and your fat-free body mass calculations.Completed application packet includes:
1. Biggest Winner Registration Packet —- DUE BY JUNE 2nd!
2. $50 payment received by Office of Campus Recreation. (credit cards, cash, check, or Commodore cards accepted)
Please complete these forms and bring them to the Office of Campus Recreation or Wellness Center during regular business hours.