- Location: Biological Sciences Building/Medical Research Building (MRB) III • 465 21st Ave S • Nashville, TN 37232
- Room: 1220
- Contact: Stephen Doster
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 936-3883
- Website: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/vicb/events_talkingpoints_2018-2019.html#cegelski
The Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology (VICB) presents Dr. Lynette Cegelski, Stanford University: "Cell Walls and Biofilms: Discovery and New Chemistry at the Bacterial Cell Surface"
Key Lecture Points
· New approaches to study and inhibit bacterial cell walls and biofilms particularly integrating solid-state NMR, chemical biology, and microbiology
· the discovery and evaluation of a potent antibiotic effective against biofilms and persister cells
· the discovery of a chemically modified cellulose produced in nature and its molecular role at the host-pathogen interface.