- Location: Central & Divinity Libraries • 419 21St Ave S • Nashville, TN 37240
- Room: Special Collections Reading Room
- Contact: Celia Walker
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 6153434701
- Website: https://library.vanderbilt.edu
- Audience: Free and Open to the Public
Please note: This event was originally scheduled for April 3 but was postponed.
From romance to revolution, flowers flourish as an important part of French culture. The flower is a significant symbol of France, as its cultivation and the delights of an aromatic bouquet can be found throughout literature. During the spring semester, it is the season to cultivate the library collections for their significant blossoms–a rite of spring. Yvonne Boyer, librarian for Art, French & Italian, and librarian for the WT Bandy Center for Baudelaire & Modern French Studies, will discuss selections from the French collections, specifically the works of the influential 19th century illustrator, J.J. Grandville.