- Location: Vanderbilt Law School • 131 21st Ave South • Nashville, TN 37203
- Room: Hyatt Room
- Contact: Emma Spath
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Audience: Free and Open to the Public
The Environmental Law and Policy Annual Review, Energy and Environmental Law Society, and Energy, Environment and Land Use Program are pleased to host Professor Thomas Lininger, from the University of Oregon School of Law, to discuss his recent article “Green Ethics for Judges.” Professor Lininger will discuss the benefits of amending the ABA Code of Judicial Conduct to elevate consideration of environmental stewardship, using strategies that includes the “precautionary principle” and establishing a duty of scientific accuracy in factfinding.
Professor Lininger will be joined by the following:
- Amanda Garcia, senior attorney, Southern Environmental Law Center
- Lucian Pera, partner, Adams & Reese, Chair of the Governing Committee for the ABA Center for Professional Responsibility
- John Pendergrass, vice president of Programs and Publications, Environmental Law Institute
This event is free and open to the public. Lunch will be served.
Visitors should park in the Terrace Place Garage, spaces 41-92, at the corner of 21st Ave. South and Terrace Place, or the Wesley Place Garage, spaces 52-170, at the corner of 21st Ave. South and Scarritt Place. Parking costs range from $4.00 to $12.00 at these garages. Both are within walking distance of the law school.