- Location: Vanderbilt Dyer Observatory • 1000 Oman Drive • Brentwood, TN 37027
- Contact: Alex. Rockafellar
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 6153734897
- Website: https://dyer.vanderbilt.edu/
- Audience: Open to Public Ticketed Event
This series features a different astronomer or scientist each time who will discuss a topic of current interest. Visit our ticketing page for a description of the topic when available.
Telescope viewings follow when weather permits.
- You do not need to bring a printed ticket; there will be a guest list at the gate.
- The exhibits on the main floor are handicapped accessible, but the Seyfert telescope on the second floor is only accessible by stairs. There are twenty steps, split by a large landing, leading to the dome. Climbing additional portable steps may be necessary to see through the eyepiece.
- Notify the gate attendant if you have special parking needs.
- Closed-toe footwear is suggested.
- If your plans change and you cannot attend, you may invite someone you know to use your tickets/names for entry.
- Because this is Vanderbilt University property, firearms and smoking are not allowed.
Address: 1000 Oman Drive, Brentwood TN 37027 (NOT on the main Vanderbilt campus)
Cost: $6.27 per person ($5.00 admission plus $1.27 online handling fee.) Each person must have their own reservation. Infants do not require tickets.
NO TICKETS SOLD AT DOOR. Tickets may be purchased up to the day of the event, but please be aware this event often sells out well ahead.
NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. THIS IS A CLEAR OR CLOUDY EVENT.
image credit: Credit: X-ray: NASA/CXC/PSU/L.Townsley et al; Optical: UKIRT; Infrared: NASA/JPL-Caltech