- Location: Vanderbilt Dyer Observatory • 1000 Oman Drive • Brentwood, TN 37027
- Contact: Alex. Rockafellar
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 6153734897
- Website: https://dyer.vanderbilt.edu/
- Audience: Free and Open to the Public
Astronomers offer tours of Vanderbilt's Dyer Observatory and its interior exhibits--including the Seyfert Telescope in the grand dome. Weather permitting, visitors will also venture outside to see the Star Chamber, sundial garden, and view the Sun through the solar telescope. Recommended for ages 8 and up.
You may arrive and depart any time during the Open House, but your tours starts at 9:00am and 10:30am. Tours typically run 60-90 minutes.
- You do not need to bring a printed ticket; there will be a guest list at the gate.
- Out of courtesy to all visitors, we ask guests to refrain from loud talking and to keep children close while the tour guide is leading the group.
- Closed-toes shoes are highly recommended.
- If your plans change and you cannot attend, please cancel your order or let us know so that we may release your spot to someone else.
- Because this is Vanderbilt University property, firearms and smoking are not allowed.
- The exhibits on the main floor are easily accessible, as is the paved sundial garden outside.
- The Seyfert and solar telescopes are on the second floor and only accessible by twenty steps, split by a large landing. Please let us know if someone in your group cannot climb the stairs, so we may attempt to make some accommodation for the solar telescope.
- The path to the Star Chamber is a three minute walk made of wood chips through wooded terrain.
- Notify the gate attendant if you have special parking needs.
- You may leave and rejoin the tour at any time.
Address: 1000 Oman Drive, Brentwood TN 37027 (NOT the main Vanderbilt campus)
Time: 9am tour
No tickets available at door. This is an all weather event.