- Location: Bishop Joseph Johnson Black Cultural Center • Black Cultural Center Building • Nashville, TN 37235
- Contact: Katrina Crawford
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/bcc/
- Audience: Free and Open to the Public
What is Black Boy Joy? Black Boy Joy is a social Black media hashtag aimed at stripping Black men of the stereotypes that they can only be angry and tough. As stated by Claxton Everett "Black boys, no matter who they are going, deserve space to exude their emotions unapologetically. Whether it is sadness or joy, we deserve to be there for each other: Encouraging ourselves. And that is what s, building our kingdoms together and polishing our CROWNS like the kings we are. Acknowledging the beauty and truths within our differences is what makes the exuberance even more brilliant. And that is what #blackboyjoy is all about. It's more than a hashtag. It is our humanity."
The BCC will be opening this special exhibit on February 5, 2019, at noon. The exhibit is entitled The Joy Within.