- Location: Biological Sciences Building/Medical Research Building (MRB) III • 465 21st Ave S • Nashville, TN 37232
- Room: 1220
- Contact: Stephen Doster
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 936-3883
- Website: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/vicb/events_talkingpoints_2018-2019.html#brown
The Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology (VICB) presents Dr. Eric Brown, McMaster University : "A Path of Ceased Resistance: Systems Approaches to Antibiotic Drug Discovery"
Key Lecture Points
· Modern target-focused antibacterial drug discovery has failed to deliver new antibacterial drugs.
· The Brown lab is developing new technology to
chart genetic and chemical interactions on a
· These approaches are facilitating discovery
efforts targeting the cell surface and nutrient
stress in bacteria