- Location: Biological Sciences Building/Medical Research Building (MRB) III • 465 21st Ave S • Nashville, TN 37232
- Room: 1220
- Contact: Stepen Doster
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 936-3883
- Website: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/vicb/events_talkingpoints_2018-2019.html#lindau
The Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology presents Dr. Manfred Lindau, Cornell: "The Membrane Fusion Nanomachine"
Key Lecture Points:
· We investigate the molecular mechanism of membrane fusion and transmitter release with specific focus on the steps leading to fusion pore formation.
· We developed a time superresolution technique that beats the time resolution limit of photon statistics and frame duration and identified a rapid change in SNARE complex conformation specifically associated with fusion events.
· Using molecular dynamics simulation we determined a fusion pore structure that has properties that are fully consistent with experimental data. This fusion pore structure reveals a proteo-lipidic fusion pore