- Location: Steve and Judy Turner Recital Hall • 2400 Blakemore Avenue • Nashville, TN 37212
- Contact: Christine Claffey
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 6153227508
- Website: http://blair.vanderbilt.edu
- Audience: Free and Open to the Public
Wednesday, October 3
8 p.m., Steve & Judy Turner Recital Hall
The Blair Composers
The Oct. 3 Faculty Composers Concert will feature Michael Rose’s Hopeful Monsters, a piece for string orchestra commissioned by Wilton’s Music Hall in London to help commemorate the 75th anniversary of the anti-fascist Battle of Cable Street. The evening will also include piano works by Michael Slayton and Josh Salazar, as well as Stan Link’s RH-, an homage to Polish avant-garde composer Roman Haubenstock-Ramati for amplified solo violin and live electronics. Soprano Amy Jarman and pianist Melissa Rose will perform a work by Blair’s new guest composer, Russell Platt, titled Three Songs on texts by Edna St. Vincent Millay, Walt Whitman and Elizabeth Bishop.
This event is free and open to the public. Parking for this event is available for free in West Garage (2500 Children's Way) through the Children's Way entrance.