- Location: Central & Divinity Libraries • 419 21St Ave S • Nashville, TN 37240
- Room: Special Collections
- Contact: Sara Sterkenburg
- Email: Sara.Sterkenburg@vanderbilt.edu
- Phone: 615-343-1965
- Website: https://www.library.vanderbilt.edu
- Audience: Free and Open to the Public
The Kelmscott Chaucer was a passion project of famed textile designer William Morris. The printing of this book is both a testament to the art of bookmaking as well as a strong response to the cultural loss of hand printing skills that had been destroyed by machine printing in the Industrial Revolution. Join Special Collections Curator Rachel Lavenda for a discussion about the people, the craftwork, and the zeitgeist behind the creation of this beautiful book.