- Location: Sarratt Student Center, Room 189
- Room: 189
- Contact: Roberta Nelson
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 6156757259
- Website: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/lgbtqi/get-educated/p-r-i-d-e-training
- Audience: Community only
The P.R.I.D.E. (Pursuing Respect, Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity) program aims to create a visible network of support for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex (LGBTQI) individuals and their allies by providing an avenue through which any member of the Vanderbilt Community can show their support. The training is 3 hours and happens 2-3 times per semester.
By participating in the P.R.I.D.E. Training, participants are showing their support for people of all genders and sexualities and are committing to develop allyship skills through the following actions:
- Engaging in ongoing education about gender, sexuality, and intersecting identities.
- Continuously working to recognize oppression, privilege, and the ways they impact marginalized communities.
- Providing referrals, support, or resources on and off campus as necessary.
- Fostering an equitable environment for people of all genders and sexualities, inclusive of their intersecting identities.
If you have any questions or would like more information about the P.R.I.D.E. Program, please contact Program Coordinator, Roberta Nelson (They/Them) at firstname.lastname@example.org