- Location: Biological Sciences Building/Medical Research Building (MRB) III • 465 21st Ave S • Nashville, TN 37232
- Room: 1220
- Contact: Stephen Doster
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 936-3883
- Website: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/vicb/index.html
The Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology (VICB) presents Dr. Brad Pentelute, MIT: "Cysteine Arylation to Engineer Peptides and Proteins"
Key Lecture Points
· We report a robust bioconjugation method using cysteine arylation.
· This chemistry enables site-specific conjugation at cysteine residues within peptides, proteins, and antibodies.
· Our two developed approaches use either perfluoroaryl-cysteine SNAr chemistry or organometallic palladium reagents.
· This work led to the discovery of a self-labeling four-residue sequence that enables regioselective conjugation at only one cysteine residue within an intact antibody containing natural amino acids.
· Recently, we discovered a new approach for the native conjugation of complex natural products such as vancomycin onto peptides and proteins without the introduction of linkers or chemical handles.