- Location: Light Hall • 2215 Garland Avenue • Nashville, TN 37232
- Room: 208
- Contact: Jonathan Metzl
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Audience: Free and Open to the Public
Firearms have become increasingly prevalent in daily life over the past decade, as states like Tennessee loosen regulations governing most aspects of gun sales, purchases, and public carry privileges. This expansion raises a number of questions that an expert panel of academics, politicians, and activists will address:
- How can we balance gun rights with public safety?
- What is the responsibility of an institution such as Vanderbilt to address gun violence prevention?
- What are the current states of firearm legislation, research, and activism?
- Are we hopelessly polarized as a state and a nation? What might political compromise even look like?