Saturday, February 17, 2018,
- Location: M.L.K Magnet School
Join us in volunteering at Martin Luther King Jr. Magnet School to assist in the success of their 1st VEX Robotics Competition.
Here are some of the details:
- Date of competition: Feb. 17, 2018
- Time Commitments: Feb. 17 7:30 AM to 3 PM (2 hours of judge training will be scheduled before the tournament based on volunteer availability)
- Location: M. L. K, 613 17th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37203 (parking instructions to follow)
- Judge role description: Judges support the students competing in the competition by giving them practice and experience with skills beyond building a robot and competing in tournament matches. Students are encouraged and receive awards based on their demonstration of good engineering practices (engineering design cycle, documentation in an engineering notebook, teamwork, and basic project management concepts). Judges interact with the student teams interviews, observations, and review of their engineering notebook, if they submit one. We comparatively rank the teams for selected awards which are presented at the end of the competition. Qualities of a good judge are curiosity and support for the teams. While technical skills are useful for interacting with students, they are not essential.
- Volunteers: Volunteers will receive any training necessary, a token of appreciation, and a full day of inspiration working with incredibly talented youth
Please use the following link to sign up as well as to view volunteer position descriptions: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0e4fabaa28a5f85-vexrobotics