- Location: Blair School of Music, Ingram Hall • 2400 Blakemore Avenue • Nashville, TN 37212
- Contact: Christine Claffey
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 6153227508
- Website: http://blair.vanderbilt.edu
- Audience: Free and Open to the Public
Thursday, March 29
Violins of Hope Chamber Music
The Blair School honors the presence of the Violins of Hope in Nashville with a program of chamber music. Faculty and students will join forces to present music by composers who perished in the Holocaust, including Gideon Klein’s Lullaby, Pavel Haas’ Sonata for Oboe and Piano, and Erwin Schulhoff’s String Sextet. The program will also include the Quartet for Four Violins, by Grażyna Bacewicz, a Polish violinist and composer who performed clandestine concerts during the Nazi occupation, and the haunting song cycle by American composer Ellwood Derr, I Never Saw Another Butterfly, based on poetry written by children imprisoned at the Terezín (Theresienstadt) concentration camp.
This event is free and open to the public. Parking for this event is available for free in West Garage (2500 Children's Way) through the Children's Way entrance.