- Location: Sarratt Student Center, Room 325
- Room: 235/237
- Contact: Nicholas Moore
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 615-343-5908
- Website: http://www.tinyurl.com/tnsjcworkshop
- Audience: Free and Open to the Public
- Benet J. Wilson, Google News Lab Trainer
- Michael Anastasi, vice president of news, USA Today – Tennessee
- Blake Farmer, senior health care reporter, Nashville Public Radio
- Keith Woods, vice president of newsroom training and diversity, NPR
- Dr. Karen Dunlap, president emeritus of The Poynter Institute
WHAT: An opportunity for student editors and advisers of student-run publications throughout the state to collaborate and produce stories relevant to their shared on-campus experiences. This opening workshop will give participants access to local experts that can help advance their careers and prepare them for covering hot-topic issues such as sexual assault or financial aid policy.
WHEN: Saturday, February 10th, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
WHERE: Sarratt Student Center, Room 325/327
WHY: Cross-college collaboration with other student journalists in Tennessee; career advancement; exclusive connections to local journalism experts
HOW: Apply at http://tinyurl.com/tnsjcworkshop, participants will be notified of their acceptance decision on a rolling basis.
Sponsors: The Tennessee Tribune, The Tennessean, Vanderbilt University, the Nashville chapters of the Society of Professional Journalists and the National Association of Black Journalists