- Location: Central & Divinity Libraries • 419 21St Ave S • Nashville, TN 37240
- Room: Central Library 2nd floor galleries
- Contact: Celia Walker
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 343-4701
- Website: http://library.vanderbilt.edu/about/fellows/index.php
- Audience: Free and Open to the Public
Riddle me this: in what universe do sheep become books, knives serve as erasers and wasps make ink? We learned this and more from our class on the history of books and printing. As student curators, we had the unique opportunity to create this exhibit of rare materials ranging from medieval manuscript to Mark Twain, Here we highlight cultural, historical, and social aspects of the book in this universe.
Is the book dead? We don’t think so.
This Thursday, November 30, the Buchanan Library Fellows will present their new exhibit, The Once and Future Book, at an opening reception from 12:00PM to 1:00PM in the second floor gallery. The six fellows researched objects in Special Collections from almanacs and incunables to bindings and paper. Come hear the curators’ tour and take a selfie.