- Location: Biological Sciences Building/Medical Research Building (MRB) III • 465 21st Ave S • Nashville, TN 37232
- Room: 1220
- Contact: Stephen Doster
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 936-3883
- Website: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/vicb/
The Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology (VICB) presents Dr. Ryan Altman, University of Kansas: "Decarboxylative Fluoroalkylation and Fluorinated Peptidomimetic Biological Probes"
· New synthetic methods allow access to fluorinated substructures for medicinal chemistry and chemical biology.
· Fluoroalkenes have unique physicochemical properties that can be exploited for synthetic and medicinal chemistry.
· Fluorinated peptidomimetics stabilize and improve blood-brain-barrier permeability of endogenous neuropeptides.