Saturday, December 02, 2017,
- Location: Belcourt Theatre
Hollywood’s Gender Problem: A Three-Part Seminar
SATURDAYS: DECEMBER 2, 9, 16 | 10:00AM-11:15AM
Sexual assault and harassment allegations in the film industry are flooding the headlines and show no signs of stopping. As the sheer number of individual victims emboldened to come forward grows exponentially, their voices are testimony to a toxic culture with many enablers. In December, the Belcourt presents a three-part seminar examining the power imbalance in Hollywood that has allowed assault and harassment to thrive. What happens when women’s stories aren’t told and their voices aren’t heard, when the machinations of industry success are the purview of abusive men, and when those men continue to hold power and control?
Each seminar session takes place in the theatre downstairs preceding a film selection from the Belcourt’s series, Fifty Cents For Your Soul: Women and the Show Business Boys’ Club.
How the FLiCX Event Works:
- Faculty and staff are welcome to participate, but the voucher awards apply only to students.
- Buy yourself a ticket for the three-part seminar.
- RSVP on this page for the three-part seminar.
- Check in with the FLiCX administrator at each of the three events that you attend.
- Attend one seminar session to earn a Belcourt voucher which can be redeemed for a ticket to an eligible film at the Belcourt.
- Attend two or more seminar sessions to earn two Belcourt vouchers which can be redeemed for tickets to most films at the Belcourt.