- Location: Biological Sciences Building/Medical Research Building (MRB) III • 465 21st Ave S • Nashville, TN 37232
- Room: 1220
- Contact: Stephen Doster
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 6159363883
- Website: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/vicb/
The Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology (VICB) presents Dr. Borden Lacy, Vanderbilt University: "Structures and Functions of the Clostridium Difficile Toxins TcdA and TcdB"
Key Lecture Points
· TcdA and TcdB toxins cause cell intoxication and the clinical manifestations of Clostridium difficile infection.
· The TcdA and TcdB toxins and the pathways they hijack within the host represent targets for therapeutic intervention.
· The structures and mechanisms of action for 4 neutralizing antibodies will be presented.