Thursday, March 22, 2018,
- Location: Sarratt 325/327
Training 2.0: Exploring Self in Society
This session dives deeper into the influences and implications of social identity group membership on an individual and societal level. Participants examine their own identities in relation to systems of power and privilege as well as the present-day impact of cultural and social phenomena in the context of identity. Through critical analysis, participants deepen their understanding of these systems and their individual role in working towards a more diverse and equitable society.
Key concepts: power and privilege, socialization, -isms
- Answer the question “Who am I?” by recognizing personal and social identities.
- Describe systems of power, privilege, and oppression in our society.
- Question and analyze the stories we have learned about different identities.
- Practice ongoing self-reflection and self-education towards cultural competence.
For more information visit our website:https://www.vanderbilt.edu/iicc/education/
We ask that you register at least 48 hours in advance. Register for this training here: https://anchorlink.vanderbilt.edu/submitter/form/start/137714