Wednesday, November 15, 2017,
- Location: Sarratt 325/327
Training 3.0: Exploring Inclusive Leadership
This session leads participants through a critical analysis of existing problems of inequity and exclusion related to differences of identity. Participants reflect on their current leadership practices and engage in dialogue about how to proactively leverage their power and privilege to create a culture of universal belonging. The session energizes participants to work towards more holistic allyship and to confront behaviors that contradict Vanderbilt’s devotion to a diverse and welcoming learning environment for all.
Key concepts: inclusion, allyship, community
- Differentiate between inclusion and allyship.
- Question existing processes, structures, and ways of being in order to work towards social justice.
- Create actionable steps to becoming better allies in our own communities.
- Practice ongoing self-reflection and self-education towards cultural competence.
For more information visit our website:https://www.vanderbilt.edu/iicc/education/
We ask that you register at least 48 hours in advance. Register for this training here: https://anchorlink.vanderbilt.edu/submitter/form/start/137720