- Location: Kissam Classroom - Upstairs (C216)
- Contact: Hilda McMackin
- Email: L-POD@vanderbilt.edu
- Phone: 615-875-2716
- Website: https://research.vanderbilt.edu//researchadministration/l-pod-overview/
- Audience: Faculty and Staff only
Researchers familiar with the National Institutes of Health will learn how to apply for funding from the National Science Foundation and diversify their research portfolio. Faculty with experience applying to both NIH and NSF will present their success stories and offer advice for how to make the transition. Panelists will cover the best tips for applying to NSF and answer questions from the audience. The event will conclude with a networking reception.
Faculty Presenters and Panelists:
- Peter Cummings, John R. Hall Professor of Chemical Engineering and Associate Dean for Research in the School of Engineering
- David Dickinson, Professor of Teaching and Learning and Associate Dean for Research and Strategic Planning in Peabody College
- Jens Meiler, Professor of Chemistry
- Padma Raghavan, Vice Provost for Research and Professor of Computer Science and Computer Engineering
- Charles Sanders, Professor of Biochemistry and Associate Dean for Research in the Basic Sciences of the School of Medicine
- Keivan G. Stassun, Stevenson Professor Astrophysics and Senior Associate Dean for Graduate Education and Research in the College of Arts and Science
- Frank Tong, Professor of Psychology
- Jamey Young, Associate Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering and Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
Register for the event by October 2 at https://vunih2nsf.eventbrite.com.
For more information about this event, please contact L-POD@vanderbilt.edu.