- Location: Biological Sciences Building/Medical Research Building (MRB) III • 465 21st Ave S • Nashville, TN 37232
- Room: 1220
- Contact: Stephen Doster
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 936-3883
- Website: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/vicb/
The Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology (VICB) presents Dr. Lars Plate, Department of Chemistry, Vanderbilt University: "Targeting Proteostasis to Treat Amyloid Diseases"
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
12:15 P.M. — 1:15 P.M.
1220 MRB III
Key Lecture Points
· Selective activation of Unfolded Protein Response (UPR)-associated transcription factors enhances ER quality control of destabilized proteins associated with amyloid diseases.
· High-throughput screening identifies selective small-molecule activators of distinct UPR-associated transcriptional programs.
· Mass spectrometry-based interactomics uncovers the mechanisms of enhanced ER quality control, revealing emergent properties of ER proteostasis pathways.