- Location: Steve and Judy Turner Recital Hall • 2400 Blakemore Avenue • Nashville, TN 37212
- Contact: Christine Claffey
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 6153227508
- Website: http://blair.vanderbilt.edu
- Audience: Free and Open to the Public
Saturday, September 16
Steve and Judy Turner Recital Hall
Adam Rosenblatt, percussion
What happens to a percussionist who doesn’t have something to hit? Can they turn to their own body and voice for sound? Can they summon sonic material with their mere gestures? Percussionist Adam Rosenblatt brings a program of works that stretches the limits of what can be a musical instrument and what it means to be a musician. Possibilities are exploded and expectations distorted as sound emanates from the body itself, to Wii controllers, to hands passing through light.
These events are free and open to the public. Parking for this event is available for free in West Garage (2500 Children's Way) through the Children's Way entrance.